U.S. Pet Food Institute
Since 1958, the Pet Food Institute (PFI) has been the voice of U.S. pet food manufacturers. PFI is a non profit organization that set ups its China Reporesentive Office in 2004 and has been the industry's public education and media relations resource, organizer of seminars and educational programs throughout China, and liaison with other organizations. PFI represents the companies that make 98 percent of all dog and cat food in the U.S. marketplace。 PFI has invited many famous veterinarians from US to give talks in China, and have worked with many animal hospitals and pet shops to promota a balance diet for heathy living for pets, and have sponsored many fun community events to strengthen pet owners/pets relationship throughout China.
PFI is dedicated to:
- Promoting the overall care and well-being of pets.
- Supporting initiatives to advance the quality of dog and cat food.
- Supporting research in pet nutrition and the important role of pets in our society.
- Informing and educating the public on pet proper feeding and pet care.
- Representing the pet food industry before federal and state governments.
BestFriends China will like to thank PFI for allowing us to share many of its useful articles with the Chinee public. You can visit PFI website at www.petfoodinstitute.org